Monday, April 29, 2013

Love

I am speaking of the love of another, after an online conversation regarding what obsessiveness love is.  I want to leave this here so I will not forget. (even though I wrote it....it's like that some days.

I often wish that I could just shake 15-25 year old's, and say, "You are not looking for love, you are not looking for that feeling in your pants, or that ever present thought, you are looking for your best friend.  The one you could share ever day of your life with.  When they are ugly, when you are ugly, when you are old, or hurt, or crying.  You are looking for the person you can talk to about your every thought with.  You are looking for the person who ignores your farts, and likes the same food as you.  You are looking for someone who can help you grow, and who you can help grow.  

Now go out...and find that.


I cannot begin to think of living through this without my partner/husband and best friend.  It's not luck that leads you to your soul mate, it is the ability to work to find them.  



1 comment:

  1. Stupid ninja onion slicers. Always sneaking up on me.

    +1

    ReplyDelete