Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cease and Desist

Today is the day I am done.  I am done with alcohol and nicotine until I am pronounced "in remission".  Frankly, I can't imagine smoking again unless Derek dies before me.  I have reduced the booze over the last few week and have decided to make mimosa's for my final adult beverage.

It suits me.

I am fortunate to have a very supportive spouse who will be tea-totaling with me.  I am fortunate to have friends who will stand by me in the next two weeks and help be not go insanier.  I am so freaking lucky they caught this cancer early and I have had time to think about the choices I have made, the doctors I trust, and the belief that they will "fix this", and after a time of struggle and perseverance I will be fine. Better than fine.  I will be new, and renewed.  Clear headed and stronger.

Thank you for your support.  Raise a glass of something for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment