Saturday, December 8, 2012

Never forget

I just said to myself, "Well, now that I am a non-drinker, we can save money for those more expensive trips...."

Woah.  I am or was a pretty hard core drinker.  (1/2 pint a night of brandy or a bottle of white wine.)  I don't even want to be a full time non-drinker.  I don't expect to be.  But the fact that my mind is wrapping itself around that thought is pretty amazing.

I was talking to my sister in law the other day.  She had a mastectomy last year.  Had a scary infection.  Just a really bad time.  She said she lost 20lbs when she was fighting but has gained it all back.

I need to make this clear to anyone reading this blog.  I need to make this loud and clear if you are currently fighting your own cancer.  When you get better, the fight does not end.  Let me say that again:

YOU CAN NEVER STOP FIGHTING YOUR CANCER.  EVER.

Congratulations, you need to watch your eating, your alcohol use, your exercise, your environment, FOR EVER.

Failure to do this WILL result in your remission being shorter than it could be.  So if you want to just forget this little episode, when you once had cancer, remember this post.  Remember this, when your doctor says you have cancer again.

(This post is as much for me as for you.)

NEVER FORGET.


No comments:

Post a Comment