Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Logic/Not Logic

Handy Tip:  Even though you are technically recovering, in my case still in the rebuilding process, if your significant other needs to travel for work, something will happen and you WILL feel alone, angry, stupid, and afraid.  Life will continue for everyone else but you.  For you, it will stand still until your life mate/support system returns.

I am not bitter.  (Well a little) My husband had to go to India for 3 weeks.  I am half way through.  He will be home on the 9th.  I cannot express what a mistake this was.

"I'll be fine," I said.
"I have the kid," I said.
"It is logical for you to go.  You have the insurance card/job/providership." I said.

We didn't take into account that February is the snowiest month in Colorado.  We didn't take into account that anything could go sideways health wise either.  Ok, so it's just a little infection, and allergic reaction, but still everything is amplified right now.  Turned up to 11 and a half.

Half way through.

I have been fortunate enough to have a friend who came over to shovel, and a couple who have taken me to the grocery in a blizzard.  I have my online community and my work and my child, but I am so lonely right now.  Today.

And it is illogical.

Second Handy Tip:  If you can avoid Sulfa drugs, do.  It's a totally uncomfortable, weird, nauseous, horrible time. 







No comments:

Post a Comment