Sunday, October 14, 2012

Diagnosis

I had some biopsies last week.  It's Breast Cancer Awareness month and I did my mammogram because I found some lumps.  They are usually nothing, but this time, I wasn't so lucky. 

I got my diagnosis this Tuesday.  It hit me kind of like a mac truck.  First I told my husband.  Then called my boss, because I am practical like that.  Next Facebook, because you have to tell your friends and that's the quickest way to spread news:

October 9th:

So yeah, I have cancer. Hopefully they will be able to just cut it all out.  

The good thing about being a Professional Pessimist(tm) is you are not overly shocked. (Actually, I think I might be in shock.) Don't you worry (but please keep me in your thoughts), I will beat this minor disturbance in my cellar structure. I am going to miss coffee and booze and cloves, but those are probably the things that lead to this. 

Love you all. Mean it.


Later I went to lunch with very good friends.  That was good.

So far, all I know is this:  

I have G1 tumors that are ductile and local.  They are in a centinal node.  

Appointment with the surgeon on Thursday.  So far I have purchased and am reading 2 books.

A Survivor's Guide to Kicking Cancer's Ass and a book about whole foods for cancer.

------------------------------------------

That's all I've got so far.  My body hurts, I am tired from lack of sleep, by boob still hurts from biopsy (1/4th of my breast turned black and blue.)  I'm pissed.  I need to quit smoking, coffee, and booze all at the same fucking time, and I am pissed.  


Onward into the void.



No comments:

Post a Comment