Tuesday, October 23, 2012

New Information

Went to see my gp today to get the hysterectomy planning going.  Not going to let my lady parts to sneak up on me.  Their sneaky, those lady parts.

Next up time for a little work and a sandwich.  Unfortunately, my car died where I had lunch.  Had to get the other car, return D to home, and fly to Dr. 2, the radiologist.  I liked absolutely NOTHING he had to say.  I understand they have to tell you everything, and some of it was unpleasant, but given thought, the radiology they were planning for me sounded crazy.  Actually radiology in general seems crazy.  Radiation on the breast with a small plate over my heart sounds like something I don't want to do.

Drive from there to where my car broke and called the worlds stupidest tow truck people.  Why don't people understand time?  25 min. is not equal to 10 min.  The fact that they took 1.5 hours to get my car up on the trailer boggles my mind.

I left them to it and went to Dr. B, my surgeon.  I was informed that there was something unpleasant and tricky in my right breast.  That pretty much sealed the deal.  The difference between plan A:  Lumpectomy and hard core radiation and plan B:  total mastectomy is this:

Plan A gives me a chance of getting another cancer within 10 years.  A 10-15% chance.
Plan B gives me a chance of getting another cancer within the next ten years of 3%

It seems pretty logical to go with Plan B.  Yes, it's more invasive and involved.  But we had a second to think about it.  I was originally supposed to have surgery on Thursday, but one of the doctors couldn't make it.  Now I have time to think.









No comments:

Post a Comment